Experience and Skills:
- High school graduation or GED required .
- Technical training in mechanics, electrical, plumbing, or HVAC desired.
- Technical training in janitorial activities desired.
B. Direct Previous Experience
- Janitorial or maintenance experience required.
- Two years' experience in a similar janitorial position desired.
- Ability to work with minimal or close supervision.
- Must conduct all business with a professional manner and with
a high level of confidentiality.
- Ability to use vacuums, buffing machines, floor sweepers,
mops, brooms, wet and dry carpet extractors, hand tools, carts and dollies.
- Work outdoors and indoors during the work day (fluorescent
system, carpeted flooring, normal machinery and office noise levels).
- Climb up to two flights of stairs.
- Ability to climb extension ladder up to and above roof height.
- Lift objects of 35 pounds or less over the head.
- Ability to load 75 pounds of machinery or more into standard
- Move objects of 100 pounds or more.
- Ability to work under time-sensitive or stressful situations.
- Respond to medical emergencies on a rare occasion.
- Assist with resident evacuations, if ever required.