Experience and Skills:
High school graduation or GED required.
B. Direct Previous Experience
Two years experience in a similar position desired.
Two years experience working with the elderly desired.
C. Other Qualifications
Certification that meets or exceeds that required by state and federal regulations as specified in 42 CFR 484.36;
The candidate must have successfully completed a training program if required by regulation or contract. Certification in CPR and First Aid.
Ability to work with minimal or close supervision;
Must conduct all business with a professional manner and with a high level of confidentiality;
Good organizational and communication skills;
Work indoors for the majority of the work day (fluorescent lights, HVAC system, carpeted/vinyl flooring, normal housing noise levels); Provide a reliable means of transportation as required; Possess the physical ability to perform job-related duties which may require lifting, standing, bending, transferring, stooping, stretching, walking, pushing, pulling and the ability to provide partial or complete assistance with non-personal activities of daily living, without assistance
from another healthcare worker, or significant other; Ability to work in time-sensitive or stressful situations
F. Physical Requirements
Amount of Time
1/3 - 2/3
Use hands to finger, handle or feel
Reach with hands, arms
Climb or balance
Stoop, kneel, crouch
Push, pull, lift
Talk or hear
Taste or smell
G. No overnight travel. Up to 40% by land.
H. Working Conditions
50-90% of work is performed in a patient’s home. The position does have exposure to malodorous, infectious, body fluids and some minimal exposure to noxious smells from cleaning/disinfectant agents.
I. Personal Protective Equipment
This position requires high exposure to infectious wastes such as blood and body fluids that mandate the wearing of gloves, masks/respirators, gowns or goggles. Defensive driving techniques should be employed for personal protection.
While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, this is not necessarily an exhaustive list of working conditions associated with the job. Management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change (i.e., changes in personnel, workload, or technological developments).
Eligibility to drive on company business and a satisfactory driving record means the following as stated in the Active Employee Driver Agreement:
1. Drivers should be in the age bracket of 21-70 or, if over 70, with a signed physician Statement.
2. License must be valid (no expired licenses)
3. Denied or Revoked License in the last 3 years is unacceptable
4. Any Suspended Licenses OR two or more suspensions in the last 3 years is unacceptable
5. Two or more at-fault-accidents within 3 years is unacceptable.
6. Three or more moving violations within the last 5 years is unacceptable.
7. Any of the following violations (or similar violations) within the last 5 years is unacceptable: DUI: DWI; Speeding in excess of 25 mph: reckless or careless driving: vehicular homicide, manslaughter, etc.