Experience and Skills:
- High school graduation or GED required.
- Four year college or university degree desired (preferably in
Exercise Science or related field).
- Certifications in CPR, AED, and Group Exercise REQUIRED.
- Certifications from ACE, ACSM, AFAA, ASFA, NSCA or other
nationally recognized and accredited fitness association preferred.
- Aquatic certification preferred.
B. Direct Previous Experience
- Group Exercise instructor experience required.
- Three years experience as a personal trainer desired.
- Three years of exercise or wellness experience with seniors desired.
- One to three years experience teaching aquatic based classes desired.
- Proficient computer skills in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel,
Outlook) plus the
willingness to learn other computer programs if required.
- Ability to work with minimal or close supervision.
- Must conduct all business with a professional manner and with
a high level of
- Must have a valid driver’s license and satisfactory driving
record as specified by the Company and by the Company’s automobile
- Work indoors for the majority of the work day (fluorescent
system, carpeted, concrete and tile flooring, normal exercise
and pool facility
noise levels and temperatures).
- Climb up to two flights of stairs occasionally.
- Lift objects of 25 pounds or less over the head.
- Move objects of 40 pounds or less.
- Ability to work in time-sensitive or stressful situations.
- Sit in a chair / stand for extended periods.
- Respond to medical emergencies in all areas of the community
- Assist with member/resident evacuations.