Experience and Skills:
- High school graduation or GED required.
- Advanced technical training in at least four of the following areas: mechanics, electrical, plumbing, sprinkler systems, landscaping, or HVAC required.
-HVAC and Universal EPA certifications are required.
-CPO certification required.
B. Direct Previous Experience
- Mechanical or maintenance experience required.
- Two years experience in a similar maintenance position desired.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Must conduct all business with a professional manner and with a high level of confidentiality.
- Ability to use hand tools, automatic / electrical machinery, carts, and dollies.
- Ability to exhibit efficient computer skills.
- Thorough knowledge of MSDS (Material Safety Data Sheets) and OSHA compliance.
- Ability to use blue prints, drawings, drafts, and schematics in trouble shooting electrical, HVAC, plumbing, structural, and equipment problems within the campus.
- Basic knowledge of swimming pools and swimming pool maintenance.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and satisfactory driving record as specified by the Company and by the Company’s automobile insurance carrier.
- Work outdoors and indoors during the work day (fluorescent lights, HVAC
system, carpeted flooring, normal office noise levels).
- Climb up to two flights of stairs.
- Ability to climb extension ladder up to and above roof height.
- Lift objects of 25 pounds or less over the head.
- Move objects of 100 pounds or more.
- Ability to swim at least 25 yards.
- Ability to work under time-sensitive or stressful situations.
- Respond to medical emergencies on a rare occasion.
- Assist with resident evacuations, if ever required.